Fresh mussels, 1 kg
1 garlic clove, 1
Tomato sauce, 200 gr
Extra Virgin Oil, q.s.
Black pepper, q.s.
- Carefully scrape the surface of the shells, removing the filament sticking out of the mussels. Remember to discard the opened shells.
- Start the «soffritto» by frying the olive oil and the garlic clove in a saucepan. When the garlic begins to be brown, add the finely minced parsley and the tomato sauce.
- Let it cook over a medium heat for at least 30 minutes, tasting and adjusting the salt. In case the sauce gets to dry, gently add water.
- After 30 minutes, add the mussels in the saucepan and tap with a lid.
- Once the mussels are opened, mix them so that the sauce enters the shells and flavors the mussels.
Serve in a soup plate and sprinkle with black pepper. Serve with toasted homemade bread and enjoy with a glass of white wine. Buon appetito!