Salted cod, 500 gr
Milk, 250 ml
Olive oil, 1 glass
Garlic cloves, 2
Bay leaves, 2
Pumpkin blossoms, 20
Groundnut oil, q.s.
Batter to fry, q.s.
- Boil the already soaked and desalinated salted cod in milk with garlic and ray leaves for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool. Remove the garlic cloves and the ray leaves and whisk the cod, gradually adding olive oil until you’ve creamed it.
- Clean the pumpkin blossoms and remove their pistil. Stuff them with the creamed salted cod.
- Prepare the batter with 100 g beer, 100 g oil, 100 g flour and one egg white.
- Dip the stuffed blossoms in the batter so that they get completely covered. Fry them in a pan with a generous amount of hot groundnut oil.
- Drain them on absorbent paper, et voilà! Serve them hot with a good wine or a fresh beer!