Squids, 350 gr
Mazzancolle prawns, 250 gr
Salt cod, 4 pieces
Semolina, 250 gr
Seed oil, q.s.
Sparkling water, 200 ml
Flour 00, 100 g
- Clean the fish under current water. Get rid of the entrails and the gristle.
- When all fishes are ready, let’s start frying: heat the seed oil until it reaches a temperature between 180° and 190°.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter mixing water, flour and eggs. Once ready, dip the fish in it. When the oil is hot, start to fry.
- Wait 3-4 minutes. When the fishes are ready, drain them on absorbent paper.
- Let the fry cool down a bit before serving.
According to an old popular saying, everything that fries also tastes good. But frying is a true work of art: only skilled hands, fresh raw materials and the right breading ensure a crispy and exquisite fry. At Cantina Do Spade, you’ll find fried specialties both in our menu à-la-carte and at the counter and we are sure they will delight your palate. We are talking about the fish fry, that we usually propose in three variants:
- Squids only
- Frittoin with squids and vegetables (zucchini, carrots, aubergines, peppers, onions)
- Mixed fried fish that we prepare with squids, sardines, mullets, soles, mazzancolle shrimps or fresh salt cod, according to the catch of the day