Garlic, 2 cloves
White wine, 40 gr
Bread crumbs, 100 gr
Parsley, 1 bunch
Olives, 1 table spoon
Capers, 1 table spoon
Extra virgin olive oil, q.s.
Chili pepper , q.s.
- Clean the squids by removing the tentacles, which you will cut in little pieces.
- Put a clove of garlic in a pan with some oil. Pan fry the tentacles, simmering with white wine until reduced and cooking for 5 minutes.
- Once ready, take care of removing the garlic clove and cool the squids down in a glass (or iron) bowl. Leave them cool.
- Once the squids are lukewarm, add the breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper on the tentacles. Blend everything together to get a soft mixture (you can use more breadcrumbs if it’s too soft). Cover up and let rest for 10 minutes more.
- Afterwards, fill the squids sacks for three quarters. Close the ends with a couple of sticks.
- Aside, in a capacious pan, prepare the pizzaiola style sauce, using olives, capers, oil, garlic, and if you like it also some hot pepper.
- Once ready, add the stuffed squids and cook on high heat for 7-8 minutes: beware not to cook them too much or they will get gummy. Moreover, a too long cooking would also cause the squids to shrink and the stuffing to come out of them.
- When cooked, add some finely chopped parsley.
So tasty, aren't they? Then come and try them at your favorite tavern, Cantina Do Spade!